Call Rachel on 07779 011432
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
I / The Animal Auntie will not confirm any booking until there has been a 'Meet & Greet' consultation with the pet owner and relevant pet/s. I will request that you complete a 'Pet Profile' at or following this consultation so that there is a record of any specifics for your pet, including any behaviour issues, allergies, medications, veterinary and emergency contacts etc.
You must also agree to the Terms & Conditions as set out below.
I am fully insured and DBS checked. Copies of my business insurance, DBS certificate. Canine First Aid certification & references will be provided at our 'Meet & Greet' .
- Care, safety and enjoyment of your dog is of utmost importance.
- If your dog is reactive to other dogs, humans or other elements of daily life then please do make me fully aware. Reactive dogs will only be walked on a 1-2-1 basis unless being accompanied by a dog from the same household.
- Meet & Greet for dog walking and Secure Field Play sessions will take place on a walk at a mutually convenient time. This is so I can see how your dog interacts with people and other dogs. In the case of reactive dogs you can share with me how you work with the issues.
- There is no charge for the meet and greet and also no obligation for you to book any services either.
- If any additional follow up walks/acquaint visits are required a charge may be incurred.
- I will lead walk up to a maximum of 4 client dogs at any one time.
- One of the dogs on the group walks may be one of my own.
I vary our walk locations and routes as much as possible to provide new sights and smells for your dog.
Walks will be tailored to your dog's fitness level.
- Where an hour session is booked, walks will generally be 45 minutes in duration (minimum), to allow for collection, drop-off and a short transfer to the walk location.
- When a group of dogs are being walked I will advise of the approximate drop off time for your dog that day as it can change slightly depending on pick up/drop off locations for each of the dogs in the group.
- Longer walks of 60 minutes or more are available by arrangement.
- Shorter walks will be given to puppies, senior dogs or those recovering from injury etc. The rest of the booked time will be used for appropriate play, familiarisation, social skills or just company for your dog as discussed at the meet & greet.
- I will ensure that your dog gets an enjoyable walk that provides both mental and physical exertion.
- Letting dogs walk off the lead carries a risk. At The Animal Auntie, client dogs will only be off lead in dedicated secure field/woodland facilities and with your express permission.
- Dedicated secure dog walking facilities tend to have stock fence heights of 4.5 - 6 feet.
- Please leave out your dog's harness and any coat that you would like your dog to wear. If your dog has a separate house collar indoors, please also leave out a collar with ID tag suitable for attaching the lead to.
- I do tend to use my own leads as they are strong, lightweight and easily washable and if I use a long line or extendable lead for 1-2-1 walks I will only ever attach these to a harness.
- If your dog is particularly strong on walks, I do have halti/gencon style headcollars for better control. However I wouldn't use these without discussing with you first.
Every effort will be made to wipe off muddy paws etc but during particularly wet/muddy conditions it may be necessary to curtail the walk time slightly to allow for extra cleaning.In wet weather I will have my own towels to wipe down muddy paws but if you could also leave an old towel out incase of very wet or muddy days then that would be appreciated.
- In extreme weather (e.g. very hot weather or snow), walks will be shorter to ensure the safety and comfort of the dog. Alternatively I will just spend time playing with your dog at your home. I can bring suitable puzzles and games for your dog. Your dog will still receive the full appointment time,. however the time is split. e.g. shorter morning walk and a home visit in the afternoon to break up their day.
Your do'g's safety, comfort and well-being is Imperative to me at all times, so during extreme hot weather I will try and accommodate walks by scheduling them earlier in the day where possible.
On occasion, where daily temperatures are excessively high or low, it may be necessary for me to cancel all walks that day completely and just make home visits.
If the alternative service/time offered due to extreme weather does not work for you or you are at home and can manage without me visiting/walking your dog that day, no cancellation charge will be made.
- If extreme weather makes it difficult for me to get to your property, I will let you know as soon as possible.
- Secure Field Play sessions are generally for groups of 4 - 6 dogs depending on the hire terms of the facility.
Pet Health / Owner Health
- If you want your dog to be exercised with others when in my care, then I request that they are fully vaccinated or titer tested and are up to date with flea and worming treatment, be that prescribed by the vet or herbal alternatives.
- My vehicle interior is regularly treated with Indorex Defence spray and surfaces cleaned with a pet safe disinfectant.
- If your dog contracts any infectious condition (e.g. kennel cough, conjunctivitis, sickness, diarrhoea), please let me know as soon as possible. It will not be walked until cleared to do so by a vet. Where possible I will offer a home visit or interactive play session as an alternative.
- If you or a member of your household contracts Covid-19 or you are isolating or shielding, please make me aware immediately as this will affect how I schedule bookings and how I must manage collection and drop off of all the pets in my care according to industry guidelines (Pet Federation / DEFRA).
- I will inform clients immediately should I contract Covid-19 or have to isolate.
- To abide by the Control of Dogs Order 1992, any dog in a public place must wear an ID tag with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner on it. This should also contain a contact telephone number. The name of the dog is not essential. Not wearing a tag could result in a £5,000 fine.
- In addition, as of the 6th April 2016, every dog must be microchipped and registered by the owner.
- For your dog's safety on walks, please ensure your dog has a well fitting collar and/or harness with an ID tag attached.
First Aid & Welfare
- I attained a certificate in Canine First Aid on November 17th 2019 and will continue to take refresher courses at the required intervals to keep this certification current.
- A copy of my certificate can be provided on request.
- I carry a pet First Aid kit in the car.
- I keep an accident book to record any incidents that have taken place.
- Any First Aid treatment given to your pet will be logged and you'll be given a copy of the details and asked to sign it.
- Following any first aid treatment, I advise that you take your pet to the vet for a check-up.
- Incase of an emergency I would attend the nearest vet to me to ensure your pet is seen as quickly as possible by a professional.
- I will also flag up to you any physical or behavioural changes of concern I see in your pet whilst they are in my care.
- For regular (weekly) bookings, we will agree days, times and what service is required and I will book these in on a rolling basis.
- I aim to be with your pet no earlier or later than 15 minutes from the agreed times.
- If I have been held up at an earlier appointment for any unforeseen reason, I will let you know and advise what time I expect to be with your pet.
- If you should need to change your regular booking day/time for any reason, please do let me know as soon as possible so I can schedule in the changes and also make the original booking available for other clients.
- If I don't hear from you by Friday at 7pm I will assume that your bookings for the following week are to remain as agreed. I of course understand that last minute changes will crop up and I will do my utmost to accommodate these for you.
- Do give me a call, text, email, Whats App or complete the contact form on my website if you have any ad-hoc requirements.
- I will confirm within one working day (Mon-Fri) if I can accommodate the request, usually I will reply by 7pm that same day or by 10am the following morning.
- I will invoice all clients on or around the last calendar day of the month and payment to be made via bank transfer within 5 days.
- Alternatively, cash, cheques or card transactions are acceptable.
- Card transactions will incur a 2% additional charge.
- Failure to pay monthly invoices without explanation will result in services being withheld until your account balance is settled and future bookings may need to be paid in advance,
- If you would prefer to pay on the day of the booking I will forward a statement at the end of the month.
Keys & Security
- When not required, keys are kept in a locked box inside my home.
- If you prefer to use a secure key safe I will keep the code details securely. This applies to alarm and gate codes also.
- If you choose to leave a key 'hidden' at your property for me to collect and return to the same place following the booking, you do so at your own risk.
Cancellations & Holidays
- If you need to make a cancellation, please let me know as soon as possible so I can make that time available for other clients
- Cancellation of dog walking, interactive play and regular pet visits - 100% will be charged if less than 24 hours notice is given
- Cancellation of Secure Field Play - 100% will be charged if less than 48 hours notice is given, due to field booking costs.
- Cancellation of holiday pet care visits - 50% of total visits booked will be charged if less than 24 hours notice from start date is given.
- If you are going to be on holiday or won't require my services for the school holidays etc please do let me know as soon as possible so I can offer these time slots out as ad-hoc bookings for the relevant dates.
- If you need to book me for alternative days/times during school holidays, please do ask, I will do my best to accommodate these requests.
- I will advise you as far in advance as possible of my own holiday dates or if there are any other dates I am unable to work.
- If I am no longer able to walk your dog / visit your pet, I will provide a reason and give you a minimum of two weeks’ notice so you can make alternative arrangements.
- If the reason is due to aggression or potential risk of harm then I reserve the right to withdraw my services immediately.
- If you no longer require my services I ask that you give me a minimum of one weeks notice.
- Data held about you and your pet/s will be the details that you provide on the Pet Profile forms. This data is required by me in order to carry out the agreed work.
- No unnecessary data will be kept and no data will ever be shared with any other party or used in a way that it wasn't intended for.
- You can ask to see the information that The Animal Auntie holds on you and your pet at any time and can request all or part of your information to be deleted/securely destroyed.
- Your data will be kept for 18 months after your last booking before it is deleted and securely destroyed.
Pet Photography & Social Media
- If you would like, I can send you pictures and updates of your pet/s while they are in my care. This can be done via WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Text message or Email,
- These pictures may also feature on my website and social media pages unless you request otherwise.
- Your name or your pet's name will not be mentioned without your permission.
TERMS & CONDITIONS REVISED SEPTEMBER 2021
I will advise all clients when any amendments are made to the Ts & Cs